GeoCarta Has Moved

Mar 10, 2007

GPS Gadget of the Week: GPS Sniper Rifle

This week's GPS Gadget of the Week comes from Navigadget. It's the ID Sniper from Empire North.

According to the company, the ID Sniper is a high-powered rifle used to implant a GPS-microchip in a human being from as far away as 1100 meters. The microchip enters the body, feeling like a mosquito-bite when it does. At the same time a digital camcorder with a zoom-lens takes a picture of the target. The GPS chip enables law enforcement agencies to keep track of the target.

Now by this time, I'm sure my astute readers are thinking, "there's no way this could work." Well, you're right. The whole thing is apparently a ruse, or perhaps an art project?

At any rate, I thought I'd pass it along just for fun. I have to admit, I'm planning on emailing the link to Empire North's website to a few conspiracy buffs I know.

Last week's GPS Gadget of the Week here.

Labels: