Test Your Geographic IQ
A post by Catholicgauze sent me wandering over to the website of the National Geographic Bee. What a spelling bee is to English, the Geography Bee is to anyone who enjoys geography, maps, and stuff like that.
At the website, I stumbled upon some sample questions, which I'm sharing for those brave enough to test their geographic IQ:
- Which state has a climate suitable for growing citrus fruits—California or Maine?
- Which country has the world's largest Muslim population—Indonesia or Mexico?
- The North Atlantic current brings warm waters from the tropics to the west coast of which continent?
- What is the term for a part of an ocean or sea that cuts far into the bordering landmass and may contain one or more bays?
- The port of Rotterdam is built on the delta of which major European river?
- Which Canadian province produces more than half of the country's manufactured goods?
- To visit the ruins of Persepolis, an ancient ceremonial capital of Persia, you would have to travel to what present-day country?